Yoga – a perspective of uniqueness
The millennia-old tradition of yoga is a genuine path of self-discovery and finding one’s own answers to the fundamental questions in life. Through practicing yoga – we get closer to our true essence, the spark of immortal consciousness that is inherent in all of us.
Yoga helps us to let go of overthinking, identification with different trends and false conditionings, and to embody Existence-Consciousness-Bliss (Sat-Cit-Ananda in Sanskrit), our core!
Besides its importance for the evolution of human consciousness, practicing genuine yoga will bring to everybody more health, more harmony, balance, inner peace, and contentment… This is why practitioners of yoga testify to becoming better people in every possible way.
What you will learn in this course
In our modern world, true spirituality got nearly lost, and Yoga became more and more synonym for stretching exercises, acrobatic posing, or stress relief. Indeed Yoga offers many beneficial effects on the body and mind, and this is a good beginning. Yet in its true essence Yoga is much deeper and offers a complete path of continuous self-discovery for everyone who is open and curious about the “more” to life.
For this very reason, our course does not follow modern trends, squeeze into superficial understandings or adapt to comfort. In it’s authentic approach, it offers a solid base of systematic practice, while transmitting authentic knowledge in consecutive chapters – week by week, year after year.
As a school for life, a true spiritual education system, it does not aim to cut off a single inch of the original depth of Yoga. Instead, it gradually reveals to the genuine seeker a unique vastness of genuine tools to reach self revelation and spiritual liberation.
In this course you will therefore learn:
- The chakra system and its connection to our personality and the levels of consciousness (and how it can be used to accelerate personal/spiritual development)
- Authentic step by step techniques of meditation (with specific effects & purposes / which rapidly and efficiently create a deep & profound state of centering, relaxation, and aim to create an unbroken flow of attention / not all meditation techniques are created equal)
- Hatha yoga asanas and the effects of each posture on the physical, energetic, emotional, and spiritual level, including health and healing
- Restorative practices of deep relaxation
- Breathing exercises to control the subtle energy flows
- Different types of yogic diet, which support purification & well-being
- Study of the moral principles of yoga and the Yoga Sutra-s of Patanjali
- Fundamental universal laws and principles including the laws of resonance, correspondence, and polarity
- Mental training exercises for a perfectly focused mind and enhanced physical harmony
- Special secret techniques (such as Laya yoga) of supramental awareness for exceptional spiritual states
- Inner alchemy – Biological transmutation and sublimation to embody your highest potential
- Powerful teachings on amorous continence to completely preserve your vital potential and master your erotic energies
- The hidden meaning of colors and how to use them beneficially
- Natural detox methods for complete health
- The use of medicinal plants for healing certain diseases in parallel with the practice of certain YOGA techniques, and ASANAS which are useful for treating various illnesses
- Initiation in secret mantras of different traditions
- Advanced forms of Yoga from ancient secret lineages, including Svara Yoga, Meridian Yoga, Tibetan Yoga, Kalachakra Tantra, and Mahavidya Yoga (Yoga of the 10 Great Cosmic Powers)
What a class looks like
The classes take place weekly, making it easily possible to follow an ongoing spiritual path while being involved in family and work life. In this way, the day-to-day activities and spiritual evolution can perfectly complete and enrich each other, a very important aspect in our modern culture where we could hardly shut down all mundane activities and retreat into a mountain cave. This would not only be difficult but not even the most efficient way to transform as we will learn.
Each year of study consists of 46 academically structured lessons. All taught notions and exercises are given as printed course materials after each lesson to deepen the study at home. To achieve the best results, a regular practice in between the classes is highly recommend. In the first year, classes last approximately 2 hours, gradually rising to 2.5 hours in the second year with the progress of theory and practical techniques.
The theory lessons encompass all subjects relevant for spiritual transformation, from purification to nutrition, moral principles to advanced meditation techniques, inner alchemy to esoteric astrology.
Each class includes a practical part with yoga poses (asanas) from the Hatha Yoga system. The body becomes more flexible, stronger, healthier, and purer. Nevertheless, the main focus lies on the subtle-energetic effects. The energy channels (Nadis in Sanskrit) and subtle force centers (Chakras) are purified and energized, allowing the gradual expansion and elevation of our consciousness. The asana sessions have three parts:
1. Initial awareness & warming-up exercises
Simple exercises of awareness and warming up that activate the beneficial subtle energies (both psychic and mental) that exist within the being. These exercises “warm up” and moderately stretch the muscles, increasing flexibility and gently preparing the body to perform the various poses successfully.
2. The main YOGA techniques
Practice can include asanas, pranayama, meditation, and other techniques. We will learn and perceive the specific resonance processes that each body posture triggers in our being and conclude with an awareness stage, in which the effects are attentively observed, leading to an expansion of the consciousness and further amplification of the effects.
3. The complete yogic relaxation
In this stage, the entire physical body is brought into awareness and gradually led into a state of deep relaxation. In this way, the accumulated energies can harmoniously spread and settle in the aura, and the subtle-energetic dimension of our being becomes easier to perceive. After this relaxation, we will feel perfectly balanced, rested, and harmonious.
Forms of Yoga taught in this course
This Yoga course integrates many traditional forms of Yoga and brings them into a unique coherence and completion. This approach offers the practitioner a rich variety of knowledge and methods that help them to choose according to their general level, but also the momentary needs, exactly the tools that are most helpful in their current life situation.
Most known in the West, pursuing perfect control of body and senses, balancing of solar (Ha) and lunar (Tha) energies.
The essential path of communion, of the deepest and fullest fusion with God through any selfless action.
Millennial Yoga of full expansion of consciousness through the deep and lucid exploration of life and his own being.
The path of the higher intellect seeking to reach the knowledge of God through discernment of the real from the unreal.
The path of boundless love and loving devotion to God, to a spiritual teacher, or to the divine spark of the Supreme Self.
The “royal” yoga path par excellence, to intense mental concentration, deep meditation and full control of the mind.
The YOGA of entering into resonance with different subtle energies of the Universe using certain imitative sounds.
Yoga of telepathic communion with occult spheres of beneficial, divine forces through simple geometric diagrams.
The “secret yoga of meditative absorption” that uses mantras to transcend all conditionings of individual consciousness.
The path of awakening, dynamization and controlled ascenscion of the fundamental cosmic energy called Kundalini Shakti.
Find the Atman Yoga Course near you
Our Yoga Course is taught in all the member schools of the Atman Federation.
Find a center in your city or join the course in our Atman Online Yoga Academy.