The International Federation of Yoga and Meditation
The International Federation of Yoga and Meditation – ATMAN is a non-profit organisation and all its members are committed to a non-profit and charitable orientation. ATMAN is providing a basis for communication and cooperation between various traditional yoga schools and genuine spiritual paths worldwide, promoting true spiritual values for the benefit of mankind.
We believe in the unity between science and spirituality and we consider that yoga is a spiritual science which provide the methods to realize this Unity inside us and also in the outer world. The tradition of yoga reveals the laws of the real spiritual science, having immediate practical applications.
At the International Federation of Yoga and Meditation we aim to promote and reveal the yoga science and methodology in its traditional forms, teaching not just physical techniques, but including the essential and fundamental theoretical principles behind the yoga system. In this way we can understand more fully how and why yoga works – yoga then becomes for us a valuable tool to be used for the complete transformation on all levels of the human being.
Read more ...
This federation provides knowledge, spiritual advice and the subtle support for understanding and putting in practice the spiritual teachings.
The method revealed by this federation has been applied with great results by tens of thousands of people all over the world. Being scientific and practical, it is easy to approach by the people of our modern world. Being also founded in the deepest spiritual tradition of our planet, this method leads to a profound spiritual transformation of the one who perseveres enough.
We know that yoga is not and cannot be a sport and also that yoga is much more than a “keep fit” method. Yoga is an accurate science of personal development and it has the power to transform every single aspect of your life in a positive way. Because the yoga techniques are natural, appropriate for our structure, logical and very effective, they can be practiced by everybody, irrespective of age, believes, religion, convictions, social status or physical health. You will have the understanding that life is much more than a sum of coincidences. And that you are the master of your destiny.
Code of Conduct
- Adhere and respect the traditional yoga principles: Yamas and Niyamas.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, physical limitations or religion affiliations.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Uphold the integrity of my vocation and Profession by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious manner with the traditon of Yoga as spiritual education.
- Respect national and international laws.
- Yoga Schools & Yoga Teachers should pass on the Yoga methods to their students, in a way to help them to understand the true essence of Yoga.
- The teacher should be able to adapt her/his teaching to the students requirements, in order to meet their individual needs and to respect their options.